This story is brought to you by Bill Sipper via the USA Herald Platform
Bill Sipper is a beverage pioneer having grown up in the beverage industry with a father who was the first importer/distributor of Perrier, Evian, San Pellegrino, SPA water, Orangina, among others. His father is widely considered to be the “Bottled Water King” in the United States and is credited with helping to create the bottled water category in the 1970s in the USA.
Bill Sipper worked weekends, holidays and summers in the family business. After attending Hofstra University, Sipper joined Evian Natural Spring Water and was responsible for developing Evian, and another Evian owned brand called Saratoga Mineral Water, in New York city in the late 1980s. He joined the family business as Vice President of Sales at Mootch and Muck, the largest distributor of bottled waters and new age beverages.
He didn’t stay in the family business long as he chose to leave the world of distribution for beverage manufacturing, marketing, and sales as Vice President of Chatham Beverages. Chatham owned Clearly Canadian, Old Tyme Soda, and New Amsterdam Beer.
Sipper stumbled across a bottle of Nantucket Nectars Orange Mango at a local deli near his NYC office. Falling in love with the product, Sipper contacted Tom First and Tom Scott and joined them as Director of National Sales. He left his comfortable office on Park Avenue South to help build a company where employees often slept on other employee’s floors because they could not afford to pay for hotel rooms. Sipper helped grow the brand dramatically and was there when Nantucket Nectars was sold to Ocean Spray.
Sipper joined another startup, Saco, Maine smoothie maker Fresh Samantha, after leaving Nantucket Nectars, as Vice President of Sales, Marketing, Distribution, and Operations. The brand was only sold in New England and New York City at that time and Sipper helped launch the brand in all major markets along the east coast. Fresh Samantha merged with Odwalla, the name of Fresh Samantha also changed to Odwalla, and was sold to Coca Cola.
Sipper became President and Chief Operating Office of Robert Kennedy, Jr.’s not for profit bottled water company Keeper Springs. He changed much of the internal workings at the company and eventually signed a licensing agreement with Vermont Pure Spring Water. Subsequently a licensing agreement was signed with Nestle Waters and Keeper Springs has been able to donate over $1,000,000 to the Water Keeper Alliance and Riverkeeper, two of the charities Kennedy was looking to raise money for. Once the licensing agreements were signed Sipper left to join Ultimate Juice Company as Vice President of Marketing. Ultimate Juice Company owned Naked Juice, Fantasia Fresh Juice, Hansen’s Juice, Zeigler’s Apple Cider, and had recently purchased Saratoga Mineral Water.
Ultimate Juice Company, Naked Juice, was sold to Pepsi Cola several years later.
Sipper started Cascadia Consulting Group several years later and merged with Managing Brands in 2011 forming Cascadia Managing Brands, one of the beverage industry’s leading branding, consulting, and brand management firms. Casacadia’s clients include Bain & Company, Beverage Marketing Corporation, Bevnet.com, Zenith International, the Marilyn Monroe Estate, and brands including Zico Coconut Water—now owned by Coca Cola, Hint Water (a Verlinvest invested company), C2O Coconut Water, RealBeanz, Balance Water, Wat-aah, RealBeanz, ‘tude Juice, and many others.
Sipper has been a two time member of the Board of Directors of the National Osteoporosis Foundation, and Advisory Board Member of the Walden Woods Project, a board member of Ramsey Junior Youth Lacrosse and has served as coach of the local youth Baseball, Basketball, and Lacrosse teams.
He lives in Ramsey, NJ with his wife, two children, and dog.
- Jump up^ http://www.cascadiamanagingbrands.com
- Jump up^ “Update Beverage School Agenda; Bill Sipper Added”. BevNET.com. 2009-11-06. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Bill Sipper”. LinkedIn. 2013-09-20. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Bill Sipper”. LinkedIn. 2013-09-20. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Video: Deciding your Route to Market by Bill Sipper | Conference Footage: Beverage School: Live in Santa Monica 2013 – BevnetFBU.com: Food & Beverage University”. BevnetFBU.com. 2014-01-30. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Video: Question and Answer with Bill Sipper | Conference Footage: Beverage School: Live in Santa Monica 2012 – BevnetFBU.com: Food & Beverage University”. BevnetFBU.com. 2013-01-31. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Video: Question & Answer with Bill Sipper | Conference Footage: Beverage School: Live in NYC 2013 – BevnetFBU.com: Food & Beverage University”. BevnetFBU.com. 2013-06-25. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Video: Bill Sipper discusses routes to market and distribution methodology | Conference Footage: Beverage School: Live in Chicago 2013 – BevnetFBU.com: Food & Beverage University”. BevnetFBU.com. 2013-04-18. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Bill Sipper with an outside perspective”. YouTube. 2008-06-26. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “BevNET.com Acquires Beverage Spectrum Magazine”. Advfn.com. 2004-10-19. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Tuscaloosa maker of hornet larvae energy drink Killer Buzz has industry buzzing over acquisition plans | AL.com”. Blog.al.com. 2013-01-24. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “High Voltage Beverages Appoints Cascadia Consulting Group’s Bill Sipper as President. – Free Online Library”. Thefreelibrary.com. 2008-09-16. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ billsipper2013 (2013-12-17). “Bill Sipper | Reflections by William Sipper, a beverage industry sales & marketing executive that has worked with brands such as Nantucket Nectars and Fresh Samantha”. Billsipper.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “BevNET.com Acquires Beverage Spectrum Magazine – re> BOSTON, Oct. 19 /PRNewswire/”. Prnewswire.com. 2004-10-18. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “News | Innobev US Beverage Entrepreneur Forum success”. FoodBev.com. 2009-02-01. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ https://www.specialtyfood.com/media/uploads/article_files/ZINGIWELL.pdf
- Jump up^ Ray Latif (2011-04-25). “Video: Interview with Bill & Bob Sipper of Cascadia Managing Brands”. BevNET.com. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Please check out my new Slideshare Channel @billsipper. THANKS! #bevnet …”. Plus.google.com. 2013-12-17. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Cascadia Consulting Group and Managing Brands Merge to Form Cascadia Managing Brands – RIDGEWOOD, N.J., April 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/”. Prnewswire.com. 2011-04-04. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Bill Sipper on Beverage Talent”. YouTube. 2009-06-24. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ Bill Bruce. “News | Beverage Innovation Awards 2013 judging panel announced”. FoodBev.com. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Cascadia Consulting Group’s Bill Sipper Elected to National Osteoporosis Foundation’s…”. Reuters. 2008-08-18. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ Straczynski, Stacy (2009-08-11). “Krystal Blitz Gets Boost on Facebook, Twitter”. Adweek. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Archived copy”. Archived from the original on 2014-07-30. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- Jump up^ Phillips, Bob. “Summer Sales Set to Boom”. Indiaretailing.com. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “10th Global Bottled Water Congress”. Zenithinternational.com. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- Jump up^ “Archived copy” (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2008-11-23. Retrieved 2014-07-29.
- Jump up^ “Convenience Retailer: Energy Drink Company Killer Buzz Seeking Brand Acquisitions for C-Store Distribution”. Osercommunicationsgroup.typepad.com. 2013-01-30. Retrieved 2014-07-31.
- ^ Jump up to:a b Username * (2013-03-31). “Snack Bites”. Progressive Grocer. Retrieved 2014-07-31.