Diamondback to Buy Endeavor for $26B

32
SHARE
Diamondback to Buy Endeavor for $26B

In a seismic move set to reshape the oil and gas landscape, Diamondback Energy Inc. has unveiled plans to acquire Endeavor Energy Resources LP in a monumental cash-and-stock transaction valued at a staggering $26 billion. This landmark deal, inclusive of Endeavor’s net debt, positions Diamondback to emerge as the paramount independent operator in the Permian Basin.

Enter Email to View Articles

Loading...

Diamondback to Buy Endeavor for $26B : Unprecedented Fusion

The amalgamation, announced Monday, heralds the union of two industry powerhouses, each renowned for its prowess in the energy sector. Diamondback, guided by legal counsel Wachtell Lipton Rosen & Katz, charts a course towards expansion and enhancement, propelled by the strategic acquisition of Endeavor. The legal advisories for Endeavor, Paul Weiss Rifkind Wharton & Garrison LLP and Vinson & Elkins LLP, stand as guardians of this transformative fusion.

Diamondback to Buy Endeavor for $26B : Visionary Terms

The heart of the deal pulsates with visionary terms, as approximately 117.3 million shares of Diamondback common stock and a staggering $8 billion in cash change hands. With the curtain set to fall on this epochal transaction in the fourth quarter of 2024, Diamondback’s existing stakeholders are poised to commandeer 60.5% of the combined entity, leaving Endeavor’s equity holders to preside over the remaining 39.5%.

Unanimous Approval

Sealed with unanimous consent from both companies’ boards and armed with all requisite Endeavor endorsements, the transaction surges forward with unwavering momentum. Travis Stice, the indomitable CEO and chair of Diamondback, envisions boundless opportunities, declaring, “Diamondback not only gets bigger, it gets better.” This sentiment echoes the collective enthusiasm resonating from both camps, as Lance Robertson, CEO of Endeavor, lauds the union as a transformative milestone.

Shifting Industry Landscape

The reverberations of this landmark acquisition echo across an industry in flux, amidst a flurry of mergers and acquisitions reminiscent of a tectonic shift. Exxon and Chevron’s monumental mega-deals, alongside Chesapeake Energy and Southwestern Energy’s merger, punctuate a narrative of consolidation and reinvention within the oil and gas domain.

Diamondback to Buy Endeavor for $26B : Financial Alchemy

Fueling this audacious venture is a blend of financial alchemy, as Jefferies LLC and Citi spearhead the financial advisory contingent, engineering a masterful orchestration of capital and strategy. With Goldman Sachs & Co. LLC providing invaluable corporate advisory services, the financial underpinnings of this monumental deal stand fortified against the winds of uncertainty.

Legal Vanguard

Behind the scenes, legal vanguards stand poised to navigate the complexities of this historic transaction. Vinson & Elkins and Paul Weiss mobilize their elite teams, marshaling expertise across corporate, tax, and regulatory domains, ensuring the seamless execution of this transformative vision.

Diamondback to Buy Endeavor for $26B: Conclusion

As Diamondback and Endeavor embark on this audacious journey, the contours of the energy landscape undergo a profound transformation. With every stroke of the pen, history is etched, and the future of the Permian Basin is irrevocably altered.