Philadelphia Police Arrested Suspects Allegedly Planning to Attack the Pennsylvania Convention Center

419
SHARE
Philadelphia police investigating man over possible ploattack ballot counting center abc 6
Screenshot from ABC 6 video

The Philadelphia Police reportedly stopped a possible plot to attack the Pennsylvania Convention Center, where there is an ongoing counting of ballots in the razor-thin 2020 presidential race between President Donald Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden.

According to ABC 6, the Philadelphia police received a tip that a group from Virginia is coming to the city to commit violence at the convention center. The group, possibly a family is driving a Hummer.

Police investigated the tip, found the Hummer, recovered a weapon, and arrested a man on Thursday night.  It is uncertain if the man is connected or involve in the plot to unleash an attack at the convention center.

Signup for the USA Herald exclusive Newsletter

A related report from Fox News indicated that police took two armed men in custody near the convention center. The suspects provided information regarding a nearby, unoccupied vehicle containing long guns. One of the suspects allegedly does not have a permit to carry a firearm.

The Trump campaign filed lawsuits challenging the ballot-counting process in Philadelphia, claiming that it did not have enough access to observe the canvassing.

On Thursday morning, the Trump campaign secured a legal win after a Commonwealth Court ruled that all candidates and their representatives, and poll watchers must be allowed to observe the ballot counting process within a distance of six feet. Observers are required to comply with the COVID-19 mitigation requirements including wearing masks and practicing social distancing.

Earlier in the day, Pres. Trump tweeted “stop the count” in the critical battleground states. However, his supporters want to continue the count in Arizona where they believe remains in play even if Biden is leading by more than 47,000 votes as of this writing.

In the afternoon, the Trump campaign filed an emergency legal action to stop the counting of ballots, complaining that Philadelphia city officials failed to comply with the court order. During a hearing in the evening, U.S. District Judge Paul S. Diamond scolded both parties and told them to resolve the problem as responsible adults.

“Really, can’t we be responsible adults here and reach an agreement? The whole thing could (soon) be moot,” the judge asked. ”

In a statement, The Philadelphia City Commissioners said, “The Board of Elections will oppose efforts to slow down the ongoing count in court and will continue to treat all parties equally. The Board has been completely transparent in its election process and the Trump campaign has had certified canvas observers in the Convention Center to view the counting operation all day long today as it has since the pre-canvas began on Tuesday at 7:00 a.m.”

—————————————-

Have a story you want USA Herald to cover? Submit a tip here and if we think it’s newsworthy, we’ll follow up on it.

Want to contribute a story? We also accept article submissions – check out our writer’s guidelines here.