Trump not backing down despite setbacks in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, vows to continue court battles

273
SHARE
trump

President Donald Trump is not backing down despite the recent defeat his team faced in their bid to overturn election results in Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, both key battleground states.

“The Wisconsin recount is not about finding mistakes in the count, it is about finding people who have voted illegally, and that case will be brought after the recount is over, on Monday or Tuesday,” Pres. Trump tweeted on Saturday. “We have found many illegal votes. Stay tuned!”

Signup for the USA Herald exclusive Newsletter

Twitter labeled Trump’s tweet claiming “many illegal votes” took place as “disputed.”

Pres. Trump’s assertion comes in the wake of President-elect Joe Biden seeing his votes surge by a small margin in Wisconsin’s biggest county, Milwaukee. The state-certified its 2020 presidential election results showing him gaining some 132 more votes.

President Trump has spent some $3 million for recounts in two Wisconsin counties. The Dane County recount is still ongoing. So far, Trump has reportedly gained 68 more votes. The recount in the county is expected to finish on Sunday.

Pres. Trump’s personal attorney, Rudy Giuliani is leading the legal challenges asserting multiple election fraud not only in courts but also on social media platforms such as Twitter and during press conferences.

Meanwhile, in Pennsylvania, another battleground state, a judge has junked President Trump’s attempt to revive a lawsuit seeking to undo the state’s certification of Biden as the winner in the race.

“Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here,” wrote U.S. Circuit Court Judge Stephanos Bibas, who was appointed by Pres. Trump.

Trump campaign vows to appeal Pennsylvania case to the U.S. Supreme Court

Jenna Ellis, who is part of the team leading Trump’s legal battle, vowed to appeal the decision to the U.S. Supreme Court.

Pres. Trump immediately posted his next move on Twitter. He said his campaign will not abandon their battle in Pennsylvania.

He said, “The number of ballots that our campaign is challenging in the Pennsylvania case is far larger than the 81,000 vote margin. It’s not even close. Fraud and illegality are a big part of the case. Documents being completed. We will appeal!”

—————————————-

Have a story you want USA Herald to cover? Submit a tip here and if we think it’s newsworthy, we’ll follow up on it.

Want to contribute a story? We also accept article submissions – check out our writer’s guidelines here.