Man Injects Magic Mushroom Tea Into His Vein, Nearly Dies as Fungus Grow in His Blood

421
SHARE
Psilocybin or magic mushrooms
Credits: Arp/Wikimedia

A man from the United States was hospitalized with organ failure after he injected himself with a “tea” he had made from boiling a psychedelic mushroom or so-called magic mushroom. The fungus later began growing in his blood.

The dangerous case was included in a case report published in the Journal of the Academy of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry. 

Medical doctors first became aware of the man’s situation when he was rushed into the emergency room by his family members. 

Signup for the USA Herald exclusive Newsletter

The patient’s family reported that the man had stopped taking his medicines for his bipolar disorder type I condition. After his lapse, the man reportedly started to swing between depressive and manic states of mind.

It was during this time that the man, who was referred to as “Mr. X” for anonymity purposes in the case study, started looking into the therapeutic effects of micro-dosing LSD (Lysergic acid diethylamide) and psilocybin, a naturally occurring psychedelic produced by over 200 species of mushrooms.

A study released by Johns Hopkins University in November found that psilocybin, commonly known as magic mushroom, could treat depression, neuropathic pain, and many illnesses with unmet medical needs.